Hotel near St. Stephen’s Green Park
The history of St Stephen’s Green Park started back in 1664 when Dublin Corporation, enclosed the land with walls and sold the land around the perimeter. This land, which was previously used for grazing, became a place of resort for the better-off in Dublin City. Designed by William Sheppard, St Stephen’s Green Park was officially opened to the public in 1880 by Lord Ardilaun and is open to the public since. Currently operated by the Office of Public Works on behalf of the Irish state, St Stephen’s Green park is an oasis of the green calm in the bustling Dublin City. These days, tourists and locals alike flock to the park on a rare sunny day to relax. If you’re looking for a hotel near St. Stephen’s Green, Maldron Hotel Smithfield is ideally located just 20mins away on a Luas in the heart of the city.
Hotel near National Botanic Gardens
The National Botanic Gardens originally founded in 1975 by Dublin Society, currently are operated by the Office of Public Works (since 1877). With approximately 20,000 living plants and many millions of dried plant specimens from all over the world, National Botanic Gardens with exquisitely restored historic glasshouses are 7th most visited and 2nd most visited free attraction in Ireland.